Friday, October 07, 2005

DO WE CALL THIS MANIPULATION?

Craved to write about this since few days ago but nothings seems flowing from my mind how to form this write ups. I read a lot of articles about how can one manipulates other mind and how can you change someone to your likings.

Was actually asking myself how would it work if someone ask me to try a liquor, wine or champagne. In my life I have never touch any of those tho I have the opportunity to have those drinks for free. I never tried even a sipped. So far no one ever make me tried.

What im trying to say here is would one manipulate me through talking or convinced me that things that they want me to do was right. Well knowing that drinking is not good and gives us bad impact. I never did, besides smelling it makes me throw out.

Changing or stopping something that I love very much wont work. Those who had been trying to convince me that reading or writing don’t do any good. I love this since I was small. The passion builds when I was left alone. I love that quiet moment just for myself. It give me time to learn how to learn more, understand more of what I don’t thru reading. Writings came to picture when I love to imagine things. When we are teens we love to imagine lots of things, especially after reading Mills and Boons story books a lot, love story books etc.

My mother used to throw away my books and I cant get it back at times. It only makes me sulk. I talk to no one but I missed those books to accompany me. My dad use to bring many books home. And some I don’t understand what those things written because it was not in English. I told him one day to buy me a dictionary where he don’t understand what those is. Till my cousin brother make him understand the needs of having those, he bought for me then.

There was many times mom ask me to wear scarf. “Being a Muslim to cover yourself is a must” she said. I smiled and walk away. But I give a thought about it. Many times… would I do it because I want to do it or would I do it because someone ask me to. Its always supposedly comes from our heart of anything you want to do.

Ive seen many who did something by listening to their love one, family advice or be it because its in fashioned now. Well lets see scenario of how love one can manipulate you doing it. This is an example which are not pointing, I repeat pointing to individuals!!! Firstly he would said only husband have the right to see “aurat” of a woman which includes the hair. So some woman would cover her hair the minute she got married. Which is good in the way she follows “syariat” of a woman to look after her “aurat”? And some do it since she was “akil baligh”. Which is even better where manipulation from some people over what she is doing is non existed. So in the end should she changed her mind people wont say anything because it was her own will.

Well family as mom and dad always plays a good role to get their children covered according to Islam rules and regulations. This is hard to refuse because mom and dad thought us to be good. To be a good muslim and also to be good individuals according to Islam.

Thirdly is fashionwise. Hmmm this is tough where they do it because theres so many ways of wearing scarf and tudungs nowadays. In cool manner, fancy and stylish I might say.

Its all depends on person how do they want it to be, and why they do it. I could say some who wears those scarf doesn’t behave as they are supposed to. Some are so pathetically hiding their true colour under that piece of materials which very much saddened to society nowadays to see them holding hands in public, to show some aurat besides the hair. Or may I comment some more. Its too sensitive to discuss here. Unless, yeah unless you go through your own observation, you would know and understand what I said. People might say otherwise. The writer dare to write while she herself don’t cover.

At least im being honest. Unlike some covering heads where they have a lots of other place opening. Phewwww many may have shown their disgust face when they read up to here. Im just releasing some thoughts which I cant say out in public. You read, you take the risk of what you reading. Ive seen much worst than written here which to my horror I have to shut it off from my mind immediately when I thought about it.

I tried smoking even no one ask me to. Just to puff and have the feel of how the nicotine can take me away. Nahhh it was just merely to socialize with some people. Sometime all the friends I hang out with smoke and sometime makes me pissed that I have to inhale the smelly tobacco. I would then take a ciggie and burn it and take a puff. The taste, the smell hmmm doesn’t interest me much. I do take it when im so stressed, tensed but it was just to take away my mind from the tensed and stressed. Can be considered as social smokers. I can start it and I can stop it because it doesn’t give me any good feel. So I don’t need people to manipulate my mind how this things should be done there and then. So I guess I if do something just to please someone it wont last long. It doesn’t work with me but im sure it work for the rest of you.

Ok folks its late. Second day of fasting thought me a very good lesson how to handle my feeling and emotions successfully.

Date released : 07 October 05
Currently watching: Extreme Makeover (NTV8)
Mood: Crappy

No comments: